April 9, 2007, - 1:40 pm
By Debbie Schlussel
* Surprise! Racist America-hater Kanye West is a Muslim. He tells the New York Daily News that mushroom-addict Sienna Miller is “a white girl I would take to the mosque.” Thank Heaven for small favors.
* Spoiled brats having the chutzpah to do what some Americans “just won’t do”: 15,000 Illegal alien protesters say that even amnesty is not enough.
* Remember the New Mexico spaceport that billionaire Richard Branson is building (and charging others gazillions to go into space)? Just as I predicted in 2005, New Mexico taxpayers–not English billionaire Branson–will pick up at least $50 million of the $198 million cost, in higher sales taxes.
* Tonight, Palestinian Broadcasting System a/k/a PBS features a special on Jim Jones Jonestown cult in Guyana. But as I noted earlier this year, The History already did a special on Jonestown–“Jonestown: Paradise Lost.” And The History Channel isn’t funded by U.S. taxpayers. It also doesn’t feature anti-American, pro-Ahmadinejad specials, such as PBS featured a couple of weeks ago. Well past time to pull the plug on taxpayer funding of PBS, a great idea New Gingrich proposed–but never enacted–while he was Speaker of the House. PBS is boring, redundant, anti-American, and unnecessary.
* Fat: In Japan, it’s not just for Sumo wresters anymore. Cold Stone Creamery and Krispy Kreme open in Japan. Watch for fat Japanese people, and resulting new excuses about “gland problems” and “family conditions” in Japan.
* Donald Trump joins the furniture biz, claiming he designs the pieces he’s hawking. But we saw his taste in furniture on display in this apartment on “The Apprentice.” Do you really want your house to look like as gaudy as Saddam’s palaces?
* Yossi, a 7-ton bull elephant (the world’s largest in captivity) charged and killed a female elephant half his weight in Jerusalem on Wednesday. Yossi, do you know how to get to the Palestinian Authority? We should give him directions to the Ahmadinejad pad, while we’re at it.
* Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, a/k/a the “Holocaust Denier in a Nice Suit,” says that captured Israeli soldier Cpt. Gilad Shalit will soon be released. Watch for thousands of HAMAS and Hezbollah terrorists to be released to freedom–and more terror–in exchange for his one life. Just terrif. Yes, Israel does negotiate with terrorists. Cast thy terrorists upon the waters?
* In a series of suspicious articles claiming that Saudi Arabia has suddenly liberalized, we learn from reporter Karen Elliott House–whose husband was CEO of Dow Jones–that women in Saudi Arabia have better lives because, even though, they can’t drive, have no rights, and can’t get divorced or own property, they can wear more fitted abayas with designs on them. But, despite the decorations, they still have to eat in partitioned sections of restaurants. Oh, goody.
In another article, we learn that even though a woman was forcibly divorced from her husband, taken from her child, and jailed by her half-brothers, women in Saudi Arabia now have more rights because they can go to law school. Hmmm . . . admission to law school vs. freedom–A tough decision?
Karen of Arabia, we hardly knew ye. And ye hardly know Saudi Arabia.
Tags: America, Brit Billionaire Richard Branson, CEO, Cpt, Debbie Schlussel, Donald Trump, Guyana, Hamas, History Channel, Hizballah, Israel, Japan, Jerusalem, Jonestown, Kanye West, law school, law school vs. freedom, Mahmoud Abbas, New Mexico, New York Daily News, Palestinian Authority, President, reporter, Richard Branson, Saudi Arabia, Sienna Miller, speaker, Speaker of the House, Stone Creamery, The Apprentice, the New York Daily News, United States, USD