June 4, 2007, - 4:16 pm
By Debbie Schlussel
. . . Five hints:
* He’s fat.
* He’s originally from Michigan and still claims to live here.
* His “blue collar bonhomie” is bunk. (Credit to Detroit Free Press film critic Terry Lawson for help with that phrase.)
* He said 9/11 happened because America’s White men are wimps, but that Black men would have kicked the asses of the hijackers.
* My favorite depiction of him was in “Team America: World Police” (pictured below).
I you guessed correctly, then you guessed him . . .
Yup, the most famous White male fattie in America will be on the most famous minority female fattie’s show to promote his new movie, “Sicko,” which attacks the state of healthcare in America.
Just ask the many people who’ve worked for Michael Moore–and whom he refused to pay minimum wage, overtime, and basic benefits–what kind of healthcare he gave them. Waiting for the “documentary” on that.
I was among the first to review “FAKEN-heit 9/11” when it debuted in 2004 and debated (and whipped the butt of) Michael Moore at that time.
I figure this movie, “Sicko,” is of equal high-quality fiction. But I could be wrong: I do, after all, despise HMOs and believe we should return to the capitalist, free market model of medicine, where you pay out of pocket directly to your doctor and pharmacist and cut out the paper-pushing middle men (who are engaged in a normally illegal, industry-wide price fixing scheme in severe violation of anti-trust laws, with full government aproval).
Among my previous work on The Bloated One:
* FAKENheit 9/11: Michael Moore’s Latest Fiction
* The Moore, The Scarier
Tags: America, Debbie Schlussel, Detroit Free Press, film critic, healthcare, Michael Moore, Michigan, pharmacist, Sicko, Team America, Terry Lawson, World Police