June 29, 2007, - 11:08 am
By Debbie Schlussel
Ringtones ’08 doesn’t just offer ring tones from Presidential candidates, it’s also providing free downloads of such golden oldies as President Bush’s “Brownie, You’re doin’ a heckuva job.”
Ringtones we’d like to see:
* “I stand by Secretary Chertoff. I’m not going to fire him.”
* “He’s Awesome.” (That, uttered by Chertoff about Ted Kennedy.)
* “Julie L. Myers has significant law enforcement experience, and I’m proud to nominate her.”
* “Now, I want you all to listen to me. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky.” (Hmm . . . who said that one?)
* “A Vast Right Wing Conspiracy out to get my husband.” (Uttered by Rodham Cankles.)
Fortunately, in 1.6 years, both will be anachronistic and on their way to the next cushy job for which neither is qualified.
The site is also soliciting your own creations for ringtones. I bet these ones will still be in style, since they’re recycled by so many administrations:
* “We support a Palestinian state to live peacefully side-by-side with Israel.”
* “We support Fatah and Mahmoud Abbas. We do not support terrorists. That was uttered by State Dept. Spokesman Sean McCormack, last week.”
Name some other ringtone ideas like these, here. And post them at Ringtones ’08.
Tags: Bush's " Brownie, Chertoff, Debbie Schlussel Ringtones, Fatah, Fatah Abbas, Israel, Julie L. Myers, law enforcement experience, Mahmoud Abbas, President, Princess, Sean McCormack, Secretary, State Dept. Spokesman, Ted Kennedy