June 2, 2006, - 9:02 am
By Debbie Schlussel
Today is officially the First Anniversary of the Debbie Schlussel Blog, known in blog jargon as the “Blogiversary.”
While the site has been up for years, and I wrote regular columns, the daily blog was started one year ago, today, thanks to my excellent webmaster. In one year, our traffic has gone from about 50 visitors/readers a day to on average about 5,000. On many days, the traffic has exceeded 10,000 and occasionally neared 20,000. The average visitor stays on our site about 2 minutes per visit.
We’ve had nearly 1.4 million visitors in the year, who are located throughout the world, including Saudi Arabia and many other countries in the Muslim Mid-East. Visitors to this site have clicked on from the White House, the Pentagon, Central Command, the CIA, the State Department, Department of Homeland Security (and its subagency, Immigration and Customs Enforcement), FBI, Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios, PBS a/k/a “Palestinian Broadcasting Company,” and media companies throughout the world, to name just a few. In the first year, we’ve had over 2.5 million page views.
In our first year, we’ve been repeatedly cited and quoted in USA Today (here and here), The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Weekly Standard, and many other major publications. And we’ve been published in the Wall Street Journal. And we’ve made many appearances on FOX News, CNN, MSNBC, and top-rated radio shows around the country. We’ve been cited and made appearances on nationally syndicated radio shows hosted by Rush Limbaugh (here, here, and here), Howard Stern, Michael Reagan, Tammy Bruce, and many others.
We’ve risen to the top 1,700 blogs on Technorati, which measures links to 42.2 million blogs throughout the world.
In nearly 1,000 posts to this site since it began, we predicted that a jury would let terrorist Sami Al-Arian walk, that another jury would allow terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui to live, that the FBI would not find Jimmy Hoffa, and a host of other predictions that came true and were cited by other media outlets. We also had several exclusive breaking news stories, including:
* that one of the Hezbollah hijacker/murderers of Navy Diver Robert Stethem on TWA Flight 847 was freed by Germany in exchange for the freeing of a German Muslim hostage in Iraq (here and here). We broke this story after being contacted by members of the Stethem family, who are friends and readers of this site.
* that Islamic Jihad terrorist and Cleveland Muslim leader Fawaz Abu Damrah would plead guilty to immigration violations and agree to be deported–we were the ONLY media outlet to cover his last deportation hearing, which spurred the decision.
* that ICE employed illegal aliens to serve its agents food at the Hurricane Katrina cleanup efforts in New Orleans.
* that Detroit News star reporter David Shepardson completely fabricated a story about Islamic terrorists he was covering. Unfortunately, the unscrupulous paper did not even discipline the White Jayson Blair (Shepardson) and, instead, promoted him to the paper’s Washington bureau, from which he can continue his fabrications masquerading and news reporting.
Among other achievements:
* We shined the light (and will continue to do so) on ICE Special Agent in Charge Brian Moskowitz a/k/a Abu Moskowitz and his disturbing kowtowing relationship with extremist Muslims and “former” Islamic terrorists, to the point that he has shut down and/or severely limited investigations into Islamic illegal immigration, smuggling, and money laundering, and enlisted a “former” Islamic terrorist to conduct his new agent recruitment.
(Our spotlight on Abu Moskowitz scared him so much that he wasted taxpayer money to have an entire picnic day off for ICE agents in Michigan at which to denounce me and discourage his agents from talking to me. We predict no such picnic, this summer.)
* Our movie review of Jodie Foster’s “Flight Plan” caused all three national flight attendants’ unions and Federal Air Marshals to boycott the film.
* Our spotlight on the Republican Jewish Coalition’s strange choices in speakers got the group–the Republican Party’s Jewish outreach program–to cancel speaking engagements by Islamo-fascist former Congressman Tom Campbell and far-left, anti-Israel Vanity Fair contributor Christopher Hitchens.
* Our spotlight on various DHS, ICE, CBP (Customs and Border Protection), and FBI leaders’ and officials’ misdeeds have made them squirm, to the applause of many hard-working, patriotic street-level agents who help make this country great and want very badly to make it secure. We continue to expose the incompetence of ICE chieftess Julie L. Myers a/k/a “The ICE Princess.” We even hear that the terms “The ICE Princess” and “Abu Moskowitz” are in common usage at ICE Headquarters in Washington, a source of great pride (the pride would be greater, however, if both of them were given pink slips).
* Our undercover and out in the open work at Michigan mosques and Islamic events has helped expose the Hezbollah mosque, it’s Government of Iran/Hezbollah agent cleric, Imam Mohammed Ali Elahi, and Federal officials’ slimy pandering behavior to supporters of terror.
* Our Movie Reviews have been cited in major media outlets around the world and helped shape attendance (or non-attendance) at the box office.
* We’ve alerted the world of the terror-sympathizing activities of Oprah a/k/a HO-prah, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Bono, and various other worshipped celebs.
And there are so many other achievements, we cannot even remember them all. We look to far more in the future.
Of course, none of this would be possible without your patronage of this site and its advertisers. I thank you–MY WONDERFUL READERS!–for coming back to this site every day, several times a day. Without you, we could not make a difference.
And I thank you–MY ASTUTE, OBSERVANT & PATRIOTIC READERS!–for the many tips you have given me. Without those, many of the items we’ve posted and news we’ve broken would not have been written here. Please keep it up. Your nearly 6,100 comments have contained some very important information, too.
Thank you for a great year on the blogosphore. And with your help, here’s to many, many more.
Tags: agent cleric, agents food, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Central Command, Central Intelligence Agency, Christopher Hitchens, Cleveland, CNN, David Shepardson, Debbie in the Media, Debbie Schlussel, Department of Homeland Security, Department of State, excellent webmaster, Fawaz Abu Damrah, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Flight Plan, George Costanza, Germany, Hezbollah Mosque, Hizballah, Howard Stern, ICE headquarters, ICE Special Agent, Imam Mohammed Ali Elahi, Iraq, Islamic Jihad, Islamic Republic of Iran, Israel Vanity Fair, Jason Alexander, Jimmy Hoffa, Jodie Foster, Julie L. Myers, leader, location, media outlet, media outlets, Michael Reagan, Michigan, Navy Diver, New Orleans, Palestinian Broadcasting Company, Paramount Pictures, Pentagon, picnic day, Princess, reporter, Republican Jewish Coalition, Republican Party, Robert Stethem, Sami Al-Arian, Saudi Arabia, Tammy Bruce, terrorist, The Daily Telegraph, the First Anniversary of the Debbie Schlussel Blog, The Guardian, The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The Weekly Standard, Tom Campbell, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Washington, Washington bureau, White House, Zacarias Moussaoui