June 28, 2006, - 4:27 pm
By Debbie Schlussel
Our friend, investigative reporting superhero Michael Freund who reports for The Jerusalem Post, sends us this outrage, which he wrote in today’s edition to the paper.
In his exclusive report, Michael documents that America is doubling the visas it gives to Saudis seeking to enter America. Much has been written about the absurd Visa Express program, which granted Saudis visas from over there, without much of a background check if any. It was basically a rubber stamp for Islamic terrorists to freely enter our country.
Looks like a similar program is back in place, and our Condoleeza-Clueless State Department is VERY HAPPY that the number is increasing. Not even five years since 9/11, who’s looking out for you? Clearly not a President and Secretary of State who remember the nationality of 15 of the 19 hijackers–the same nation where the hate they learned continues to be the conventional education and thought throughout.
As for the State Dept.’s Saudi-harpy spokeschick, don’t believe her claims that the visa process is secure from terrorists. It isn’t. We’re told very little background check is done, if any. And visa applications are pushed through under pressure from State Dept. cretins.
From Michael’s piece:
For the first time since the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, the US State Department has begun to sharply increase the number of entry visas granted to Saudi Arabian nationals seeking to visit the United States, The Jerusalem Post has learned.
Figures obtained by the Post reveal that after three years of steady decline, 2005 saw the number of US visas issued to Saudis remain relatively stable, while this year the number has more than doubled.
In an e-mail to the Post, Amanda D. Rogers-Harper, a spokeswoman for the US State Department, confirmed that as of June 10, a total of 18,683 non-immigrant US visas had been issued to Saudi citizens since the start of the current fiscal year.
“This,” she noted, “is twice as many as the 9,338 issuances to Saudis” in the corresponding period last year, marking an increase of over 100 percent in just the past 12 months. . . .
“We are pleased to see an increase in visa applicants at posts around the world, including Saudi Arabia,” Rogers-Harper said, adding that this year’s increase could be attributed to “a new student scholarship program funded by the government of Saudi Arabia, which encourages students to pursue their studies in the US.
“We hope to see a continuation of this positive momentum,” she added.
Read the whole article and cringe. We did.
Tags: Amanda D. Rogers-Harper, America, Condo-Clueless, Debbie Schlussel Our, Department of State, Did Bush, Michael Freund, New York, President and Secretary, Saudi Arabia, Secretary of State, spokeswoman, The Jerusalem Post, United States, US State Department, visa applications, Washington