December 16, 2006, - 7:25 pm

Chanukah Wishes From a Fan

By Debbie Schlussel
She sent this one three times, and each time without a message in the text. Just the very clear one in the subject line. File under “Deranged Chanukah Wishes”:

— Janetbres@aol.com wrote:
> From: Janetbres@aol.com
> Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:43:49 EST
> Subject: you fucking jewish bitch!
> To: dschlussel@yahoo.com

Happy Chanukah to you, too, Janet . . . or Hamida, or whoever you are at IP address 64.12.137.9.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Print Friendly



Tags:

22 Responses

At her intellectual level, filling in the subject line is all she could manage. To include actual text is expecting too much.

WillPower on December 16, 2006 at 8:58 pm

It’s pretty sad when someone is so angry that this is what she is doing with her spare time?
I think she needs a hug!!

MarySJ on December 16, 2006 at 9:07 pm

Be proud, Debbie Schlussel.
Sometimes you know that you’re right on a lot of issues when people hate you.
And sometimes people hate you for just being what you are: whether its your religion, skin color, country of origin, or gender.
In all cases, be proud. Do not change for anybody.
It is easy to see who is the weak, the jealous and who is suffering from the inferiority complex.

Independent Conservative on December 16, 2006 at 10:44 pm

Janet,
Happy Chanukah. Got some latkes for you.

hutchrun on December 17, 2006 at 12:12 am

Your typical AOL user.

Thee_Bruno on December 17, 2006 at 1:52 am

Awww…how nice, why Janet was just showing how much of a Daimon Container she is…how much of a “doooo-gooder” she is. All she needed was a subject line to pout her racism.
Yeah, that’s the liberal of america. And it makes me sick I have to be repersented with a piece of crap like Janet.

Squirrel3D on December 17, 2006 at 3:46 am

If the only reason she hates you is because of your heritage and she’d hate you just as much no matter how you acted, she’s clearly an unstable moron, which is always a bad combination.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN, “IF THE ONLY REASON . . .”? THE E-MAIL IS ANTI-SEMITIC, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. NO NEED BY YOU–OR ANYONE–TO QUALIFY AND/OR PUT CONDITIONS ON WHETHER IT IS OR NOT. SO, IF SHE CALLED ME AN ANTI-SEMITIC NAME, AS SHE DID, BUT SHE ALSO HATES ISRAEL OR IS A BIG LIBERAL WHO DISAGREES WITH MY VIEWS, THEN THAT MAKES IT OKAY? SORRY, BUT ANTI-SEMITISM IS NOT JUSTIFIED.
AND, FYI, ANTI-SEMITES ARE NOT TO BE DISMISSED AS “UNSTABLE” AND NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. THAT’S WHAT SOME PEOPLE TRY TO DO, IN ORDER TO SAY THAT ANTI-SEMITISM IS NOT REALLY A PROBLEM. UNFORTUNATELY, IF YOU TREAT IT AS A MENTAL ILLNESS, THEN YOU ARE SAYING THAT AT LEAST 1.6 BILLION AND SEVERAL NATIONS ARE ALL UNSTABLE AND NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
FUNNY, I NEVER HEARD GEORGE WALLACE OR THE KLAN DISMISSED AS EASILY. AND I NEVER HEARD SOMEONE SAY, “IF THEIR USE OF THE N-WORD IS BECAUSE . . .” IN ORDER TO JUSTIFY THEIR VIEWS. I HOPE MY READERS WILL KEEP THIS IN MIND AS THEY READ YOUR OTHER COMMENTS, PARTICULARLY THOSE ON MY FATHER’S COLUMN ABOUT JAMES BAKER AND HIS SO-CALLED IRAQ STUDY GROUP.
DEBBIE SCHLUSSEL

Rob Brown on December 17, 2006 at 8:52 am

I can’t believe this bunch… where is your compassion, your sensitivity, your tolerances for different species. Neanderthals have feelings too. Now say your sorry and send this poor cave woman a bone.

Elephas Maximus on December 17, 2006 at 8:52 am

Happy Chanukah and be proud to be hated by cretins such as jackass Janet.

BobG on December 17, 2006 at 9:32 am

Happy Chanuka babes. I want to thank you for the pictures you have provided me with of some of my most “favorite people I’d like to shoot”. I download pictures of various ay-habs and shit-heads (you just gave me rosie o’donky), I print them out and take them to the range for my weekly shooting practice. The other folks at the range want to thank you too….lots of laughter and jokes about my pics/targets. I don’t always know who you’re talking about in your articles, since I live in Tennessee now since retiring from Ford, but I get the “gist”. Thanks again!

Tonto on December 17, 2006 at 10:06 am

now that’s just mean, crude…. and ignorant. but, what can you expect from a f@ck!ng nazi? it just goes to show you that you’re making a difference and they feel threatened by you. Happy Chanukah debbie, keep up the good work.

piker on December 17, 2006 at 6:07 pm

I love the way you post hate mail for all the world to see! This is so necessary. Everyone needs to see what level these people are on, and whether or not they want to be associated with them.

Skippy on December 17, 2006 at 9:52 pm

Debbie,
It is easy to laugh off something that seems so moronic, and I confess that my own first reaction was to treat this email as a joke. But you are right to make this kind email a serious issue. Anti-semitism is a growing problem in the world and it needs to be taken seriously. I apologize that my first post did not address the issue with the gravity it deserves.
Too many of us have short memories. It is dangerous to dismiss or minimize hatred of this depth because it allows it to spread.

WillPower on December 17, 2006 at 10:05 pm

Debbie, I’d like to see you file suit against law enforcement agencies you’ve dealt with for failing to protect your civil rights, i.e. not pursuing the people who openly threaten you. There is a long standing pattern of anti-Jewish threats being dismissed by law enforcement, who would rather pursue less PC crimes. You would be doing a big Mitzvah for a lot of us who get ignored and don’t appear on TV.

Anonymous1 on December 17, 2006 at 10:51 pm

Anti-semites can perfectly rational. Those who hate Jews can be extremely lucid about their desire to have them dead. We’ve seen it in Adolf Hitler in the 30s and we’re seeing it today in Mahmoud Ahmedinejad. The Holocaust Denial rally in Teheran was not a scholarly debate; it was a Jew-hating carnival. At times like this, I feel like a lonely decent person caught in the phantasm of hell. The only question is what Jews – and what Israel – will do to stop these people from doing it all over again. History and God will not forgive the Jewish people if they allow themselves to be led to slaughter again. Its time to wake up! For what its worth, the e-mail Debbie received is a warning on what can be expected if people continue to dismiss anti-semitism as rantings of a few diseased cranks. It is anything but. When the head of a nation state calls for Israel’s annihilation, the logic, just as a century ago, is terrifingly inescapable. One Auschwitz is enough.

NormanF on December 18, 2006 at 12:57 pm

Debbie makes another point that deserves consideration. Anti-semitism can be bellicose and brutal like in Nazi Germany and Iran and obscene like in the message of the person who wrote her. Then it too, can be genteel like James Baker and David Duke. Its irrelevant whether its expressed openly or clothed in euphemisms. All Jews need to really know is those who attack them want a World Without Zionism – the euphemistic formulation of the thuggish ogre Ahmedinejad – but when we strip that away what he really means is a World Without Jews. It couldn’t be any clearer and above all, every one needs to face the reality the world’s post-World War II Holocaust sympathy with Jews has expired.

NormanF on December 18, 2006 at 1:06 pm

Wow, calm down. I wonder if you’re going to let me respond to your long post or if you’re going to impose a word limit on what I’m writing now. I’ll err on the side of caution.
It makes absolutely no difference to me whether somebody’s mentally ill or just evil; if they are dangerous, they have to be prevented from being able to harm people. So don’t mistake my calling her “unstable” for excusing her. I did also call her a moron, and you don’t normally do that if you’re defending somebody, which I certainly was NOT.
As for what I said about “if the only reason”, let’s face it Debbie, you say a lot of things that insult a lot of people. You’ve blasted gay people, Marla Ruzicka and everybody who thought she was trying to do good work, made fun of people for being “girly men”, insulted people for being against the war…need I go on? Lots of the people you target have never lifted a finger against you personally.
My point: you probably get 20 “you’re a bitch” e-mails a day. This chick called you a “jewish bitch”, which points to anti-Semitism, which is inexcusable, I agree. But I can’t help but wonder if she’s targeting you because you’re a Jew, or if she’s targeting you because of some inflammatory statement you made in the past.

Rob Brown on December 18, 2006 at 7:51 pm

To NormanF: David Duke is not genteel. He is white trash who had a lot of plastic surgery to LOOK more civilized. He is a high school dropout if I’m not mistaken. James Baker is slime. He doesn’t even attempt to hide his anti-Semitism. It would be bad for business. He is owned by the Saudis.

lexi on December 18, 2006 at 9:06 pm

Rob Brown writes:
“Wow, calm down. I wonder if you’re going to let me respond to your long post or if you’re going to impose a word limit on what I’m writing now. I’ll err on the side of caution.”
Hey Rob–will you quit your whining about your treatment here on DS’s site. You have been told you are welcome to comment–but please get with the program. Your last sentence in this 7:51 PM says:
“But I can’t help but wonder if she’s targeting you because you’re a Jew, or if she’s targeting you because of some inflammatory statement you made in the past.”
This is one of your shorter posts (thank G-d) –and it exposes you as an idiot. So think before you write, OK? I mean, if you said this in my presence I would read you the riot act. What are they teaching you guys at your school of “higher learning?” Obviously, not common sense.

BB on December 19, 2006 at 12:16 am

Here is some interesting background on that email handle, but from a different email host. (The one D.S. has shown is possibly a generic AOL one based in Virginia?) Keep in mind this may not be the same person!!! (But also note that the only Janet Bres I could find in the country was in California: http://murl.se/18020)
She (janetbres@COX.com) is apparently from Newport, CA, and is active in the local “Mariners Church.” She led a local 2005 discussion series on the “Sermon on the Mount:”
Sermon on the Mount
Room 200C * 9/15 – 12/8 * 9:30 – 11:30AM
Teacher: Janet Bres
http://www.marinerschurch.org/women/bridge0705.htm
I determined she was in active in this local organization from these “leadership” spreadsheet and pdf documents:
http://www.marinerschurch.org/women/leadersWeb/applications/leadersList.xls
http://www.marinerschurch.org/women/leadership/list/Leadership_Roster_2004.pdf
A woman with this name who lives in the Newport, CA area also has apparently donated to the local High School Arts program:
http://www.ocsarts.net/donors_p.htm
If (again, IF – I don’t want to attack/defame the wrong individual) it can be verified that this is the same person, I would think some emails/calls to her local Mariners Church Womens’ Leadership would be in order to let them know just how “Christian” one of their members has been acting. I would (hopefully) presume that a church would frown on such behavior.

MJS on December 19, 2006 at 1:19 am

Debbie, have some fun and use her email addy to sign her up for some “free stuff” on the net. The spam she’ll get from these free stuff outfits will flood her inbox. I did this to some ass who kept sending me spam. I sent his addy “Russian Brides”, “Condoms”, Insurance Offers”, all kinds of shit that probably made him close down the account. LOL.

Rich B on December 19, 2006 at 6:26 am

“This is one of your shorter posts (thank G-d) –and it exposes you as an idiot.”
Why thank you very much.
I’ll concede that I might’ve been insensitive up there. Sorry for that. I’m just wondering why this person hates DS, that’s all. She’s anti-Semitic, that’s a given. But if DS was a little more tactful and didn’t sling so much mud at so many people, would this anti-Semite even bother harassing her? For whatever reason, she singled Debbie out.
How much hate mail do you think Larry David gets?

Rob Brown on December 19, 2006 at 11:45 am

Leave a Reply

* denotes required field