December 11, 2007, - 1:48 pm
By Debbie Schlussel
Why does Al Sharpton keep getting away with this stuff? Well, not just because the liberal mainstream media legitimizes him, but egomaniac so-called conservatives like Sean Vanity Hannity and Bill O’Reilly keep pandering to him and giving him airtime. I blame them as much as I blame the liberal media. He plays them even more like violins than he does the Matt Lauers and Diane Sawyers of the world.
The latest Shameless Sharpton Shakedown: Former coke dealer Sharpton is mad about alleged Chicago “police brutality,” so he’s threatening to ask the International Olympic Comittee to exclude Chicago from contention as a host city for the 2016 Summer Games. . . . unless, of course, the City of Chicago gives in to Weird Al’s shakedown.
Yup, deny Chicago’s inner city the economic effects of millions in Olympic spending in exchange for headline-grabbing media attention with your threats. That’s the ticket. Way to fight for Black America, Sharpie.
No biggie that, this summer, the Olympics are being held in Beijing, where they don’t have any police brutality. As we all know, Tiananmen Square is located just west of Lake Michigan, right next to the Mao Zedung Museum. No longer the Windy City, Chicago is the real home of police brutality in this world. Al Sharpton says so.
And you know the spineless city will probably give in. This is, after all, the city where they made it illegal to serve fois gras. Chicago cops will have to go through sensitivity-training contracted to one of Sharp’s friends, I’m sure. And maybe Sharpton will even get the key to the city.
Anything is possible, so long as Sharpton continues to be glorified by not just ABCNBCCBSCNNMSNBC, but HANNITYVANITYO’REILLYFALAFEL.
Whatever happened to the good ‘ole days when Sharpton was a medallions-and-track-suit adorned joke.
Flashback – from David Letterman’s, “Roman Numeral Two: An Altogether New Book of Top Ten Lists From ‘Late Night With David Letterman’” (Most are dated b/c Sharp no longer wears medallions, track suits, and a blow-dried coke dealer haircut–and he’s not as fat; I’ve bolded/underlined the best two.):
AL SHARPTON’S TOP TEN TRAVEL TIPS:
10. To avoid overweight charges for your luggage, wear as many of your medallions as possible
9. Don’t forget the electrical adapter for your blow dryer.
8. All foreign food is good if you bring your own gravy.
7. Before making reservations, make sure hotel has fat-guy suite.
6. If hair pomade is not available in Far East, duck sauce will work.
5. March in Buckingham Palace to protest the fact that there hasn’t been a Black King in years.
4. When in Venice, have them load up front end of gondola with sacks of peat moss to balance you out in the back.
3. If the Pope tries wearing some big medallion, go ahead and wear two.
2. Be careful: In some countries, being loud and obnoxious is considered rude.
1. Trust me: One jogging suit is all you’ll need.
Tags: Al Sharpton, Al Sharpton Shakedown, Beijing, Bill O'Reilly, Buckingham Palace, Chicago, David Letterman, Debbie Schlussel Why, Diane Sawyers, Far East, foreign food, headline-grabbing media attention, King, Lake Michigan, Late Night with David Letterman, liberal mainstream media, liberal media, Mao Zedung Museum, Michigan, Olympic, Olympics, Roman Numeral Two, Sean Vanity Hannity, the 2016 Summer Games, the Olympics, Tiananmen Square, Venice