January 18, 2008, - 2:04 pm
By Debbie Schlussel
I only wish incompetent Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert would actually listen to his own words. And DO AS HE SAYS, NOT AS HE DOES. In defending Israel’s muted and insufficient response to repeated Palestinian rocket attacks on Israeli civilians, he said this:
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert pledged to strike Palestinian militants “without compromise, without concessions and without mercy.”
And there’s this Olmert quote:
We shall continue fighting Jihad, Hamas and their allies with determination and without mercy.
In keeping score, let’s do the rundown on the this man who speaks loudly and carries a toothpick. “Without compromise, without concessions and without mercy.” Does that jibe with:
* The wholesale giveaway of Israeli land in Gaza and the so-called West Bank to the enemy?
* The forced uprooting of Jews from their homes in places like Amona, the beating of them by Israeli police, in the name of the enemy?
* The repeated release of thousands of Palestinians and Hezbollah terrorist mass-murderers from Israeli jails to freedom?
* The plan to give Syria the Golan Heights in exchange for a sheaf of paper?
* The claim by Olmert that Israeli neighborhoods and housing violate a fiction-based claim that they are illegal?
* The plan to divide up the Holy City of Jerusalem and give the holiest of Jewish sites to Muslims who previously urinated in and on them and covered them in garbage?
Without compromise, without concessions and without mercy.
If only Olmert and President Bush lived by these words. But they are more like jello pudding than anything else. The only recent Israeli prime minister who lived by these words was the great Yitzchak Shamir. But he is dead–Blessed Be His Memory–and so, too, is a strong, courageous will like his in Israeli “leadership.”
Speak Loudly and Carry a Toothpick.
Tags: Bush, Debbie Schlussel, Ehud Olmert, Gaza, Golan Heights, Hamas, Hizballah, Israel, Israeli police, Jerusalem, President, Prime Minister, Syria, West Bank