October 21, 2008, - 1:49 pm

Dumb Stunts of the Week

By Debbie Schlussel
I never have to worry when I’m planning to be away from my computer and must prepare things for posting ahead of time. There are so many stories I never get to, so many dumb stunts . . . like these:
* My alma mater, the University of Wisconsin, from which I earned both my Law and MBA Degrees (no, I did not do the BS joint Law-MBA degree; I did them separately and earned each one):
U-W designated next weekend’s homecoming football game with Illinois as “carbon neutral.” The school will use an anonymous donation to buy carbon credits on the Chicago Climate Exchange to offset estimated game-day carbon dioxide emissions. When credits are purchased the money is invested in “green” projects.
Wow, I’ve never heard of such an extended verbal spread of fertilizer.

buckybadgerupsidedown.jpg

I’ve heard that Bucky the Badger is changing his name back to Buckingham and moving to a Red State out of embarrassment.
In my experience, there are not enough carbon credits on the Chicago Fertilizer Exchange to make up for all the carbon dioxide emissions from the brat-and-brau-laced farts of Wisconsin fans. That’s not to mention the cows outside of Madison. And the lights and electricity used to broadcast it on national TV and the energy and electricity used to keep all the restaurants and bars open for fans. How do you measure or “make up” for these things? You can’t. And there’s no reason to. Our carbon usage is just fine.
What a waste of money. What a load of Buckey-the-Badger-S.
* Amy Borkowsky: This misguided 40-something single girl is trying to raise $3 million for a 30-second Superbowl commercial advertising that she’s available to the drunken, Superbowl man of her dreams, er . . . nightmares. Her site is SuperBowlSingleGirl.com.
Wow, what a way to advertise desperation. Better name for her site: IHaveADumbIdeaAndNeedAttention.com.
amyborkowsky.jpg

Amy’s Answering Machine Now Amy’s Dumb Superbowl Ad Stunt

So far, she’s raised just over $700. Lest you be tempted to donate, please don’t. The money–if she can’t raise the three mill–will go to the United Way, which, as I’ve documented, sends hundreds of thousands of dollars to pro-terrorist Islamic and Arabist “charities” like ACCESS, the Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services.
By the way, she’s supposed to be a comedienne–she’s the same Amy from “Amy’s Answering Machine” fame. And you know what I say about female comedians: They’re not funny. Ergo, they’re not comedians.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Print Friendly, PDF & Email






6 Responses

Looooooser.
United way is another bloated charity that keeps about 80% of the donations to fund their own “business” , including a private jet for the CEO and the other 20% goes to whatever idiots THEY choose. Didn’t know about the terrorist connection though it’s hardly surprising.

samurai on October 21, 2008 at 4:19 pm

First of all Debbie, I impressed at a joint degree. I knew you were a lawyer, didnt know you had a MBA.
Well this lady is lame. I bet she doesnt get more than 10,000. Someone else could steal her idea and raise more money in one hour.

californiascreaming on October 21, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Best form of protest for UW’s carbon neutered policy: chili cookoff!
Lets see ’em try to ration that gas!

bhparkman on October 21, 2008 at 10:11 pm

The way UW’s season is going they might just as well pat themselves on the back for being carbon neutral because they sure as hell can’t pat themselves on the back for they way they play football.

CornCoLeo on October 21, 2008 at 11:51 pm

I am sure a football game in Wisconsin will not come close to the carbon footprint of one summer night in Las Vegas. Still waiting for Senator Reid to turn off the air conditioning and the wasted lights there…

Burt on October 22, 2008 at 8:44 am

Me thinks dating is a numbers game too. Even with China watching, I don’t like Amy’s odds. One word of advice for Amy, MAKEOVER!
BS = BADGER S&!+. EXCELLENT. There are no chokers like Badger chokers. Take Illinois minus the 2.5, That is almost a mother in law pick.

ParaLyzer on October 23, 2008 at 3:48 am

Leave a Reply

* denotes required field