April 6, 2012, - 7:37 pm
To my Jewish friends and readers, I wish you a Happy Passover. As I will be out on Sunday for Passover, I wish a Happy Easter to my Christian friends and readers.
Passover Seder Plate
Tonight at sundown, the Jewish holiday of Passover begins. We Jews celebrate our freedom from slavery in Egypt and also our eventual receipt of the Torah from G-d via Moses and Mount Sinai as well as our eternal land, Israel.
As I’ve noted many times on this site in the past, 80% of the Jews remained slaves in Egypt. Egypt Syndrome preceded the modern Stockholm Syndrome, as most of the Jews enjoyed their captivity of hard labor, gazillionth-class citizenship, and a lack of spirituality and faith in G-d. Today, we have our 80% in the Jews who voted for Obama, and many Jews on the right in the other 20% who refuse to give a critical look on the conservatives and Republicans, like Darrell Issa and others, who embrace Muslims and other enemies of the Jewish people–as the Republican Jewish Coalition has repeatedly done (along with the other Jew-haters this phony “Jewish” Republican group promotes, aids, and abets). They are just as guilty and enslaved in blind faith, rather than looking out for what’s in the best interests of America and the Jewish people, which is why we are left with two horrible choices in Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, neither of whom will be good on these and other important issues.
As I’ve noted, there are many Jewish people who are still slaves in Egypt mentally. They try desperately to please Jew-hating Muslims and anti-Semites. They are not proud of who they are. They’ve never been taught the beauty and spirituality of full observance of Judaism. And, thus, they will never be free.
I am proud I am not like them. Tonight, as with Jews around the world, I will participate in the Seder, the traditional Passover ceremonial feast, in which we remember not only what slavery in Egypt was like and what it was like to be freed, but also that there are those who would destroy the Jewish people in every generation, including this one. As I’ve noted on this site oh so many times, those people are now the Muslims that surround us and who seek to destroy not just the Jews, but also the Christians around the world (and Hindus and others). They are also my liberal fellow co-religionists and the liberal Christians who defend and promote these Muslims. To me, they are far worse because without them, we’d be able to defeat the problem. Yes, there are also fools like Pharoahbama. But like the ancient Pharoahs of Egypt, he and his ilk will disappear and new, even more dangerous bad actors will appear and do even more harm.
Tonight, I’ll also be celebrating my freedoms, including my free speech and to continue to bring you this site, as I celebrate Passover with the CAIR Action Network lawsuit against me hanging over my head and continued attempts by CAIR Action Network and other Muslims to silence me. I also have had, in the last couple of years, new Muslim death, rape, and torture threats, which the FBI “investigated” but which the politically correct Justice Department declined to prosecute. I’ll be posting more about that soon. Stay tuned.
Over the years, I’ve written about Passover many times in years past (see also here and here), and you can read even more details here, here, and here. I need not repeat them here, other than the Debbie’s Notes version: We celebrate Passover for 8 days. We hold two Seders (one in Israel)–one for each of the first two nights. We cannot eat bread or anything leavened for the entire eight days. We also can’t eat stuff that, back in the day (and currently) could be made into flour, like corn, many nuts, peas, beans, etc. We have to buy special food (I spent more in the last two days than I spend on food in more than a month), including special soda. Coke and Pepsi make us what is essentially the Mexican version of their soda pops, as it does not contain corn syrup. We can’t eat any food with corn syrup on Passover.
To my Jewish readers, I wish you a Happy and Kosher Passover. To my gentile readers, Happy Easter.
See you all back here on Sunday Night. Enjoy the holiday weekend.
Tags: Easter, Jewish Holidays, Jews, Passover