August 24, 2009, - 1:03 pm
News that Barack Hussein Obama only filled 43% of top positions in the federal government is good news. The less of his political appointee ideologues in there, the better. Let’s hope he continues to fill them at a snail’s pace.
On a related note, there is this e-mail from Brian McNamara, who listens to “The Mike Church Show” (on which I do movie reviews every Friday Morning). He notes that, just seven months into the Obama administration, most of the uber-lefty extremists and nutjobs who were “banished” from the Obama campaign are now in the thick of the Obama administration.
Obama to Extremists: “You’re Fired” But Not Really
Has anyone ever taken a “where they are now” look at all of these figures who had to be cast out during the campaign because they were such unsuitable people? Many are in or around the administration now that he has been elected.
* Samantha “Hillary is a monster” Power – resigned from campaign in March, 2008 – on transition team in Nov, 2008 – Now a member of the National Security Council.
* James A. Johnson – “countrywide mortgage, Fannie Mae problems” – resigned as VP vetter in-chief in June, 2008 – can’t find too much information on him, but he was Obama’s guest at the big “Ted Kennedy is the Greatest Lib of Them All gala”
* Mazen Asbahi – the Muslim outreach advisor who had to resign because of some very dubious ties to Muslim investment funds and shady characters – he was a Chicago lawyer with a big firm, and now suddenly he’s a solo lawyer in Washington D.C. – wonder where he’s getting his business?
* Robert Malley – this is the guy I can’t track down. He was punted because of his anti-Israel viewpoints in foreign policy. I wonder if he has found his way back into the inner circle? [DS: As I noted back in November, he wasn’t really fired and was back in the Obama administration.]
* Maxim Thorne – Obama GLBT [DS: that’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered to the normally-inclined] Committee member – the author of the famous nasty email about Hillary “where was she when Bill was having sex in the oval office?” – now a Vice President at the NAACP. Not in the administration, but probably still in a position with access to the president.
This is just a half hour of me and Google. I wonder what a real journalist could do? It’s a shame there aren’t any left.
No, Brian. As you point out, sadly, there isn’t.
Tags: Barack Obama, Brian McNamara, Countrywide, Fannie Mae, Fired Obama Advisors Who Still Work for Obama, Hillary Clinton, Hillary is a monster, James A. Johnson, Maxim Thorne, Mazen Asbahi, Mike Church, Not Really Fired, Obama Muslim outreach, Robert Malley, Samantha Power