December 23, 2005, - 12:05 pm
By Debbie Schlussel
On this site, we long ago documented the absurd holiday gifts people spend gazillions on for their “Pets, the New People.”
Now USA Today, in “Treat Your Pup Like an Alpha Dog,” provides us a list of books as gifts for your pet dog for the holidays. PUTA (People for the Unethical Treatment of Animals–and People; our name for the self-anointed PETA) would be proud.
On the list:
* “The Home Spa Book for Dogs“–Quote: “Putrid Scent shampoos” appeal to dogs. Thanks for the tip.
* “How to be a Dog Psychic“–Quote: “How to use meditation, telepathy and intuition to communicate” with your dog.
* “Knitting for Dogs“–Quote: “Many dogs do not like sleeves.” Again, thanks for the tip.
* “Our Puppy’s Baby Book” (available in both pink-girl and blue-boy versions; Isn’t that doggie gender stereotyping? Time to start a National Organization of Bitches to fight for persecuted chick dogs’ rights.)
* “The Ultimate Dog Treat Cookbook”
Tags: Debbie Schlussel On, Home Spa, meditation, National Organization of Bitches, USA Today