January 3, 2006, - 1:47 pm
By Debbie Schlussel
With a combination flu/cold/strep throat illness for the last five days, I was too ill to post much and am, therefore, late in posting my list of heroes/villains of 2005. But, as they say, better late than never (and if not now, when?).
So, here goes . . . .
VILLAINS & HEROES OF 2005
War on Terror/Justice System
* Judge Elizabeth Hacker: Brave Immigration Judge applied the law and ordered the deportation of Islamic Terrorist Ibrahim Parlak, despite united chorus of mainstream media, activists, movie critic Roger Ebert, and spineless elected public officials against her. Decision upheld by Immigration appeals court. Co-winner of the Schlussel Gavel of Justice Award for 2005.
* Mark Jebson: Star ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) attorney, who won Parlak decision and will likely win terrorist Damra deportation decision, too. A true warrior on the legal front-lines in the war on terror.
* Judge William M. Skretny: Federal Judge in Buffalo has the guts to put U.S. security, as permitted by the law, first. Upheld the right for Homeland Security officials to inspect, detain, question, and fingerprint American Muslims who attended Canadian Muslim conference featuring terror supporters and those linked to terror. Big defeat for ACLU and Muslim plaintiffs. Big win for America. Co-winner of the Schlussel Gavel of Justice Award for 2005.
* Judge Gerald Rosen: Napoleonic Detroit-based Federal judge made a mockery of judicial system by inserting himself into Detroit terror case and pressuring the overturning of the verdict against terror. Conducted improper extra-judicial proceedings and was an “anonymous” media source in discrediting terror case and its prosecutor, all while case was still before him. Has a problem convicting terrorists. Should be impeached. Completely unethical.
* Judge John Coughenor–Idiotic federal judge gives Millennium Bomber Ahmed Ressam a light sentence, then denounces the U.S. War on Terror. Should recuse himself from all further terror-related cases . . . if he has any ethics at all.
* Justice Dept.’s Al-Arian Federal Prosecution Team: Managed to bore jury to death and turn a very strong case with strong evidence into an acquittal for Islamic Jihad founder and chief Sami Al-Arian. All should be fired. But no way–they work for the government, and they’re here to help you.
War on Terror/Law Enforcement
* Joe Webber: A Real Law Enforcement Hero; High ranking ICE agent heroically survived 9/11 attacks on World Trade Center and exposed FBI and ICE bureaucracy for refusing to allow wiretaps of high level Al-Qaeda terrorists in Texas. As a parting shot, Homeland Security and ICE officials began investigating and harassing him for speaking out against this neglect of our national security. This man should be running Homeland Security, not retiring from it.
* Local Officials Across America, Who’ve Taken Up Immigration Enforcement and Stared the Feds Down: Andrew Thomas, Rick Jones, Michael Fox, Courtney Combs, Bob Gosselin, Russell Pearce
* Robin Baker: ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) chief of Detention and Removal Operations for Michigan and Ohio went faced off against “former” Islamic terrorist Imad Hamad in deporting Muslim drug felon; stared the media and other forces down in fighting to deport Islamic terrorist Ibrahim Parlak.
* Michael Chertoff–inept Homeland Security chief managed to transform much goodwill (including my own) into very justified resentment. Under his “leadership”, borders continue to spill over with illegal aliens, and the problem is getting worse, despite his umpteen speeches to finally do something about it (he isn’t). Allows key agency, ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to go aimless and leaderless, but pushed for incompetent wife (Julie Myers) of chief of staff to head it. In power play, he constantly ignores extensive, valid DHS Inspector General reports about vital necessities for his department. The DHS fish rots from the head down.
* Julie L. Myers–With no checks on the selection process, the inept, unqualified Myers picked herself for law enforcement job well beyond her abilities and experience. Despite constant complaints about her absolute lack of qualifications to head ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), she refuses to do the right thing and step down, a la Harriet Miers. Has lots of cronies, relatives in high places, lots of Martha Stewart-style craft skills, but no class in continuing to keep her absurd nomination alive. Look at me, I’m about to be Queen of the ICE Palace. Like way totally cool.
* Brian Moskowitz a/k/a “Abu Moskowitz”–Lilliputian ICE Special Agent in Charge of Michigan and Ohio, the heart of Islamic America, is not investigating Islamic terrorists and illegal aliens. Instead, he’s partying with them (like his bud, “former” Islamic terrorist/FBI award revokee Imad Hamad) and having them head up his recruitment efforts for new agents. Using limited, stretched ICE budget and resources for new office furniture, extensive investigation of me and who my sources are, and day-long picnic to denounce me and stop agents from talking, and extensive recruitment/whining and dining of personal harem (perhaps something he picked up from radical Islamic cronies). Dishonorable Mention: Marcy Forman-Friedman, Abu Moskowitz’s cantankerous boss; As ICE Director of Investigations, she told others she’s happy with Abu Moskowitz because “he’s smoothed things over with the Islamic Community.” I can only see an FBI boss saying they’re happy they “smoothed things over with the Gambino and Genovese Families.”
* Daniel Sutherland–Casey Martin’s disabilities lawyer against the PGA Tour is now radical Islam’s in-house cheerleader at Homeland Security. Encourages high-ranking agents to kowtow and pander to terrorists and terror supporters. Your tax dollars at work.
* Daphiney Caganap–High-ranking Customs and Border Protection port director and intelligence official took bribes to allow drug and illegal alien smuggling to take place. Bad apple was promoted every step of the way, despite Feds’ knowledge of this as early as 2000. Great example of why affirmative action is a bad idea. Dishonorable Mention: Feds who are allowing Caganap to plea and get very little jail-time despite air-tight case.
War on Terror/Journalism
* Bloggers and Conservative websites, like Frontpagemag.com–Reporting the truth that the Mainstream Media is covering up. Like the genie, you can’t put us back in the bottle.
* David Shepardson: Detroit News “reporter” covering the Justice Dept., War on Terror, and Federal Law Enforcement, made up complete article about Detroit Terror Cell member. We caught him with his pants down. Dishonorable Mention: Detroit News, which continues to employ this fabricator.
* Gregg Krupa: Extremely biased, pan-Islamist Detroit News “reporter” who affectionately covers extremist Islam in Little Ramallah (a/k/a Detroit area). Constantly makes up numbers of Muslims and Arabs in Michigan, none of which are true. When called on it, he got extremely angry and called me “the dumbest woman”. No mirror for him was available, apparently. Rumor has it that he has uttered the Shehadah (Islamic oath of martyrdom, said when converting to Islam). Dishonorable Mention: Detroit News, which has zero fact-checking department, never makes Krupa prove the phony numbers he uses.
* Makers of FOX’s “24”–Even though they gave in and did a dumb apologist disclaimer to America’s Muslims, they were courageous unlike most others in Hollywood in showing who the terrorists are: Muslims in our midst. Honorable Mention: Makers of Showtime’s “Sleeper Cell”
* John Dahl–“The Great Raid” director who had the courage and respect to portray our WWII soldiers in the way they ought to be portrayed. Told me he was very careful to depict their sacrifices in an honorable, accurate manner.
* Stephen Spielberg–Absurd “Munich” and “War of Worlds” remakes were explicitly meant to question our war on terror. Abu Spielberg thinks we should just roll over and die, instead of fighting those who hate us . . . after we’ve paid more cha-ching at his box office.
* George Clooney–made two left-wing films attack America’s just wars on Communism (“Good Night and Good Luck“) and Islamic terrorism (“Syriana“). We’re the bad guys, yet he still lives amongst us when not vacationing at his Italian villa.
* Oprah Winfrey–exploited dead bodies in New Orleans and the nearly-dead for her self-ingratiating “Look at Me and My Kindness in N’awlins” Katrina show. Used “O” Mag (with her modest self on the cover for the gazillionth time) to celebrate “Romeo and Juliet” Palestinian Islamic homicide bomber terrorists.
* Mark Cuban–Billionaire blowhard NBA owner brat-boy just wants some respect from the self-anointed arthouse culturatti. So, to get it, he completely funded, produced, distributed, etc. the absurd “The War Within” movie, which makes us like the terrorists and justifies their blowing up of Grand Central Station, because we tortured them when they were innocent. Like that really happened. Mohammed Atta, anyone?
* Tyra Banks–Minority supermodel Jerry Springer-wannabe who just wants to be taken seriously, so she hosts White minstrel show on daytime TV. Highlight: Had male doctor feel up her breasts to prove she is real. Whatever. Also: “Heroically” wore fat suit to prove that fat people are discriminated against and “it just ain’t right.” Yes, that’s why Tyra gained a million pounds to be in the Victoria’s Secret catalog and runway show.
Tags: Ahmed Ressam, Al-Arian Federal Prosecution Team, al-Qaeda, America, Andrew Thomas, attorney, Bob Gosselin, Brave Immigration Judge, Brian Moskowitz, Buffalo, Casey Martin, cheerleader at Homeland Security, chief, chief of staff, Courtney Combs, Damra, Daniel Sutherland, David Shepardson, Debbie Schlussel, Detroit, Detroit Terror Cell, director, Director of Investigations, disabilities lawyer, Elizabeth Hacker, extensive, Federal Bureau of Investigation, federal judge, founder and chief, GBP, George Clooney, Gerald Rosen, Grand Central Station, Gregg Krupa, Harriet Miers, Homeland Security chief, Ibrahim Parlak, ICE, Imad Hamad, Islamic Jihad, Jerry Springer-wannabe, Joe Webber, John Coughenor, John Dahl, judge, Julie L. Myers, Julie Myers, Juliet, key agency, law enforcement job, likely win terrorist, mainstream media, Marcy Forman-Friedman, Mark Cuban, Mark Jebson, Martha Stewart-style, Michael Chertoff, Michael Fox, Michigan, Mohammed Atta, National Basketball Association, NBA, New Orleans, Ohio, Oprah Winfrey, PGA Tour, port director and intelligence official, prosecutor, Queen, Ramallah, reporter, Rick Jones, Robin Baker, Roger Ebert, Romeo, Russell Pearce, Sami Al-Arian, Sleeper Cell, Special Agent, Stephen Spielberg, Syriana, terrorist, Texas, The Great Raid, The War Within, throat illness, Tyra Banks, United States, valid DHS Inspector General, Victoria's Secret, William M. Skretny, win terrorist, World Trade Center