February 9, 2007, - 10:02 am
By Debbie Schlussel
**** UPDATE: I’ve added a 25th question I would have asked Imam Al-Husainy. See below. ****
So last night, Sean (Hannity) Vanity (full credit: I got that name from one of La Shawn Barber’s commenters) had the Dems’ fave Imam, Husham Al-Husainy on “Vanity & Colmes.” Video at Hot Air.
Unfortunately, since Sean Hannity plagiarized my work on Al-Husainy, he was really not equipped to ask the right questions or deal with Al-Husainy. The interview was weak at best. Typical for Vanity when he lifts others work and does not really know what he’s talking about (which is almost always). The only good question he asked, around which Al-Husainy tip-toed, was whether Al-Husainy supports Hezbollah. Sean stole that information from me (without ever giving credit). Al-Husainy tapdanced around it and was able to because Sean didn’t really have the background on this.
Sean the Plagiarist let him get away with claiming that he did not lead Hezbollah rallies and events, that these were for the families of the people of Lebanon. Well, since I was there, for example at the Bint Jebail Cultural Center a/k/a the “Hezbollah Social Club,” I actually have recordings of the speeches that were delivered in both English and Arabic, and it’s quite clear that they were Hezbollah events. And I have pictures to document it, too. Had Vanity and FOX News worked with me, I would have shared those with them.
Vanity wasted a lot of time with dumb questions, like “Do you think Israel is a peaceful nation?” Who cares? If he said no, I don’t agree with him, but it’s not a question whose answer denotes the far scarier things about Al-Husainy about which we should be far more concerned.
I and federal intelligence sources both believe that Al-Husainy is an agent of the Government of Iran. His open support of Ayatollah Khomeini and Moqtada Al-Sadr is disturbing, as are his anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Many of his congregants have ties to Hezbollah and relatives in the group. Sean Vanity asked about none of that, because he simply doesn’t have the intellect or background to know to ask those. That’s what happens when you’re a simple plagiarist, with nothing else behind the talking head.
Here are the questions I would have asked:
1) How many of your congregants are from the Hezbollah stronghold of Bint Jbeil?
2) Who paid for your mosque and please provide us documentation for the financing? Was any of it from the Government of Iran?
3) Why did you hold up posters of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini at a protest march in memory of Yasser Arafat? Will you condemn Khomeini?
4) Did you support Yasser Arafat, for whom you led a protest march? Will you condemn Arafat?
5) Will you condemn Arafat’s murder of American diplomats Cleo Noel and George Curtis Moore in Sudan?
6) Will you condemn the Iranian kidnapping and holding of Americans as hostages for 444 days by Khomeini and his puppets?
7) Where is the Zakat [“Charity”] money given by your mosque congregants going? Can you provide full documentation for where it is going and that it is not going to terrorists?
8) Do you really believe “Zionists” are behind the fighting between Shi’ites and Sunnis in Iraq, the murder of Imam Mohammed Bakr Al-Hakim in Iraq, and Sergio De Mello, the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights–as you’ve claimed in interviews?
9) Do you really believe that Saddam Hussein, up until his hanging death, was an American agent, as you have said in interviews?
10) Do you support Moqtada Al-Sadr? Will you condemn him and Jaish Al-Mahdi (the Mahdi Militia/Army)?
11) Will you call on Moqtada Al-Sadr to release the American soldier he’s holding hostage? Why not?
12) Do you support Moqtada Al-Sadr and his Jaish Al-Mahdi’s violent attacks on American soldiers and fellow Iraqis?
13) Will you call on Al-Sadr and Jaish Al-Mahdi to stop those attacks? Why not?
14) When was the last time you visited Iran?
15) Will you denounce Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, with whom you have ties and in favor of whom you’ve made statements?
16) Will you denounce Ahmadinejad’s Holocaust denial statements?
17) You are friends with Neturei Karta Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss, about whom you said, “We Make a Great Team, Don’t We?” Do you agree with his attendance at Ahmadinejad’s Holocaust Denial Conference? Do you agree with Weiss that there the number of Holocaust murders of Jews were vastly exaggerated?
18) How often are you in contact with clerics from Iran? What are their names?
19) Have you ever received any money from the Government of Iran?
20) Why were you supporting and advising the late Imam Mohammed Bakr Al-Hakim, who took his orders from the Government of Iran, for leadership of Iraq?
21) Do you believe that Iraq should be a democracy or a Shi’ite theocracy with the Koran as the ultimate law?
22) Would you support the overthrow of a democratically elected government in Iraq if it did not follow Shi’ite dictates or Islamic religious law (Sharia)?
23) At a pro-Hezbollah event at Dearbornistan’s Bint Jebail Cultural Center, you were seen cheering when your colleague, Imam Mohammed Ali Elahi said that Americans and Jews are “diseased.” Why did you cheer for that? Will you now denounce him and those statements and call on him to apologize to America and the Jewish community?
24) At a pro-Hezbollah event at Dearbornistan’s Bint Jebail Cultural Center, you were seen cheering when your friend, Founding Chairman of the Center, Haj Mohammed Turfe, gleefully and repeatedly spoke of how “only a few thousand Jews will survive Armageddon”? Why did you cheer for that? Will you now denounce Turfe and those statements and call on him to apologize to the Jewish community?
25) Have you met with Hezbollah Spiritual Leader Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah–who delivered the fatwa to execute over 300 U.S. Marines and civilians–as your Detroit Shia colleagues, Imams Mohammed Ali Elahi and Hassan Qazwini, have? Why or why not? Will you condemn Fadlallah and/or the murder of those 300 U.S. citizens? Why not?
Meanwhile, another prominent conservative blogger, Independent Conservative (an insightful site I like and frequent from time to time), takes Sean Hannity to task for plagiarizing my work. Based on my tons of mail and comments, few respect Hannity, and everyone realizes he unethically stole from me.
Here’s an excerpt from Independent Conservative:
Sean Hannity is being called on the carpet for good reason. One who has helped to inform us about the threat posed by Islamists says she’s become a victim of Hannity stating things over the air that only she revealed and Hannity failed to give her the credit she is due. The person is none other than Debbie Schlussel and rightfully she’s ticked.
This is the kind of thing that could sink Hannity. He’s obviously violating the hard work of others and even after being informed about it he appears to have nothing to say. . . . he’s misleading the public and obviously pulling some nice ratings because of it.
This is one issue he’s not going to be able to resolve with silence. He’s going to have to come clean and offer proper attribution. . . . Hannity professes good values, but . . . every kid who has finished high school English classes knows you always credit your source when giving a report.
AMEN. Read the whole thing.
Tags: Al-Husainy Sean, America, Bint Jebail Cultural Center, Cleo Noel, Debbie Schlussel, Founding Chairman, George Curtis Moore, Government of Iran, Hassan Qazwini, Hezbollah Social Club, Hezbollah stronghold of Bint Jbeil, High Commissioner, Hizballah, Imam Al-Husainy, Imam Husham Al-Husainy, Imam Mohammed Ali, Imam Mohammed Ali Elahi, Imam Mohammed Bakr Al-Hakim, Imams Mohammed Ali Elahi, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Israel, Jaish Al-Mahdi, leader, Lebanon, Mahdi Militia, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, Mohammed Turfe, Moqtada Al-Sadr, religious law, Ruhollah Khomeini, Saddam Hussein, Sean (Hannity) Vanity, Sean Hannity, Sean Hannity Had Weak Interview, Sergio De Mello, Shawn Barber, spiritual leader, Sudan, talking head, ultimate law, United Nations, United States, Yasser Arafat