March 27, 2009, - 6:50 pm
Shoe/Other Foot: So, Will There Be Cries of Racism About the Fargo Levee Collapsing & the President’s Response?
By Debbie Schlussel
So, I noticed the floods in the northern U.S.–particularly in North Dakota, in the Fargo and Bismarck areas.
And I wondered, Hmmm . . . these people affected by this act of G-d are mostly White. And we have a Black President. That begs these questions, which invoke images of the Hurricane Katrina aftermath in which the race hustlers and their best buds in the mainstream media were out in full force against a President who happened to be White:
* Will we hear cries of racism about how this act of G-d flooding of the Missouri and Red Rivers is the work of Barack Obama as an evil plot against the largely White people of these Northern Plains states?
* Will Oprah, after a week of stupid re-runs, come to Fargo to do her show from the Fargo Dome or go to Bismarck and insist on the National Guard taking time away from saving people so she can see the inside of the empty Bismarck Arena, where–unlike in New Orleans–none of the evacuees raped other evacuees? Will Oprah have her proud high school grad “reporter,” Lisa Ling, and gay decorator bud, Nate Berkus, fly to Fargo and offer some poor White person sleeping in a park shelter for his dog, but not for him, as they did with a Black man in Hurricane Katrina-stricken New Orleans? Will Ling proudly remark that she can’t help but conclude that President Obama would have done a quicker, better job of rescuing these people had they not been White?
* Will the national mainstream news media spends days, weeks, months doing national broadcasts and specials blaming the flooding of Fargo and the failure of the Red River levee on Barack Obama and his administration?
* Will Barack Obama’s FEMA director, Craig Fugate, be fired and ridiculed as the butt of jokes for the rest of his life? “Heckuva Job, Fugee.”
* Will NBC News promise to open a national bureau in Fargo to document the rebuilding, but never actually open such a bureau?
* Will Barack Obama make a speech to the nation announcing gazillions of dollars to the people of Fargo for education and rebuilding and baby sitter services?
* Will the people of Fargo each be given hundreds or thousands of dollars in vouchers, which they then go use to buy condoms, porn, entrance into strip clubs, tattoos, nail and hair salon services, and video games?
* Will all of the major TV networks and major celebrities do a national TV telethon for the mostly White victims of the flood? Will Mike Myers tell Kanye West live on the telethon that “Barack Obama Doesn’t Care About White People“?
I’m sure none of these things will happen. And I’m sure no-one will be asking these questions (except Sean Vannity and WND after they steal them from me). And you won’t hear shouts of racism against the Obama White House over this.
But it’s interesting when the shoe is on the other foot, isn’t it?