June 4, 2010, - 7:08 pm
Yesterday, Toledo Muslims, Hor Akl and his wife, Amera Akl, were arrested and charged in a federal criminal complaint for providing material support for Hezbollah. Read FBI Special Agent Jonathan P. R. Jones’ Affidavit in support of the Federal Criminal Complaint against them. As you can tell from the way they are dressed, these are “People of Walmart” Hezbollah terrorists. Or, judging from Hor Akl’s shirt, he’s a Detroit Red Wings fan Hezbollah terrorist. Hey, Nasrallah and Fadlallah, we won the 2008 Al-Stanley Cup (a few seasons ago)! allah is with us! Puck IEDs for everyone!
Hor & Amera Akl: Stanley Cup ’08/People of Walmart Hezbollah Terrorists
This is important because Americans don’t get it. They judge a book by its cover, not by its ethnicity and ideology. Not all Islamic terrorists are devout Muslims or wear a hijab. And not all of their supporters here in the states are, either. That lack of understanding was evidenced by the many e-mails I got and media reports ridiculing me and claiming Miss Hezbollah USA Rima Fakih couldn’t possibly be a supporter of Hezbollah because she put on a bikini. So what? America and Hor Akl don’t dress or act like religious Muslims, and they aren’t. Mr. Akl’s bankrupt company was called “Hot Cakes, Inc.” He drove around in a Hummer. He wore the clothes and has the juiced looks of a steroid-infested body-builder at an all-American gym.
In 2008, Mr. Akl, a Shi’ite Muslim with connections to Hezbollah, filed for bankruptcy (read his Bankruptcy Petition). As many Shi’ite Muslims fronting for Hezbollah–and looking to rip-off the American infidels–do, he maxed out on credit cards and other credit accounts, then filed for bankruptcy. And he concealed property to secrete it (keep it secret from) bankruptcy proceedings, preventing its distribution to creditors. Additionally, he and his wife, both dual American/Lebanese citizens volunteered to smuggle over $500,000 to Hezbollah inside refrigerators and in the form of cars to be sold there. They were caught on tape planning the whole enterprise. Yup, more “moderate American Muslims.” All-American with a Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup short, so, hey, he must be absorbed into America, right?
Two residents of Toledo, Ohio, Hor I. Akl, age 37, and his spouse, Amera A. Akl, age 37, both of whom are dual citizens of the United States and Lebanon, were arrested today on charges that they conspired to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, conspired to launder money, and committed arson relating to an insurance fraud scheme. Hor Akl is also charged with two counts of bankruptcy fraud and one count of perjury. . . .
According to the criminal complaint filed earlier today, from on or about Aug. 30, 2009, to the present, the Akls conspired to provide material support to Hizballah, which was designated by the Secretary of State as a Foreign Terrorist Organization in October 1997, and remains so today. According to the complaint, the Akls agreed to send money to the terrorist organization Hizballah after they were approached by a confidential informant for the FBI who claimed he worked for an anonymous donor eager to support Hizballah. The couple researched and proposed at least ten different ways in which the money could be shipped to Hizballah, the complaint alleges.
The complaint alleges that the Akls ultimately agreed to conceal approximately $500,000 in the hollow sections of a vehicle and to ship the vehicle to Lebanon, where they would remove the cash and give it to Hizballah officials on behalf of the purported anonymous donors in the United States. The Akls expected to receive a fee or commission for arranging the transfer of funds. The complaint alleges that in March 2010, Hor Akl traveled to Lebanon to make arrangements for the delivery of the funds to Hizballah. Akl allegedly returned to the United States claiming that he had met with Hizballah officials.
The complaint further alleges that, during the investigation, the Akls discussed multiple criminal violations in the past, including bulk cash smuggling of large amounts of currency to Lebanon, wire fraud, mail fraud, perjury related to bankruptcy fraud, and concealing property in a bankruptcy proceeding.
Here’s the FBI timeline of the Akl Hezbollah enterprise:
• Aug. 30 — Amera Akl stated she could personally transport money to Hezbollah in Lebanon.
• Sept. 2 — Hor Akl said his wife had talked to him about transporting money and that he had previously carried funds from the United States to Lebanon. He offered to transport more.
• Sept. 3 — Hor Akl said there were many options for transporting money to Lebanon, including through the purchase and sale of vehicles and electric generators.
• Sept. 10 — Hor Akl said he understood that the transported funds would go to “terrorists” targeting Israel.
• Dec. 7 — Hor Akl said he was ready to proceed with the plan to transport funds to Hezbollah.
• Dec. 16 — Hor Akl reviewed methods of smuggling funds to Lebanon, including shipping vehicles and using an offshore account.
• Feb. 17 — Hor Akl said cash could be hidden in appliances shipped to Lebanon. He proposed sending three refrigerators, each concealing about $200,000 in cash.
• March 1 — Hor Akl leaves for Lebanon from Detroit Metro Airport.
• March 3 — Amera Akl said she had spoken to her husband in Lebanon and he would be meeting with a high-level Hezbollah official.
• March 10 — Hor Akl arrives at Detroit Metro and makes false statements to customs officials about the nature of his trip and the source of his funds to pay for it.
• May 24 — Hor Akl demonstrates how he could conceal $60,000 in each of the sidestep rails on a Chevy Trailblazer.
• June 3 — “Source-1” enters the Akl residence with $200,000 provided by the FBI. Agents find the couple in their home wearing latex gloves and in possession of the money and automotive accessories, plastic wrap, and duct tape. They are allegedly preparing to hide the cash in the accessories.
Yup, more “loyal” American Muslims. Sadly, the loyalty is the to the terrorist group that murdered hundreds of Americans. Not to the country in which they live.
Tags: Amera Akl, arson, bankruptcy, bankruptcy fraud, bulk cash smuggling, concealing property in a bankruptcy proceeding, conspiracy, Detroit Red Wings, dual citizens, electric generators, FBI, FBI Special Agent Jonathan P. R. Jones, federal criminal copmlaint, Hezbo, Hezbollah, Hizballah, Hor Akl, insurance fraud, Islam, Islamic Terrorism, Islamic terrorists, Jonathan P. R. Jones, Lebanon, mail fraud, money laundering, multiple criminal violations, Muslim, Ohio, perjury related to bankruptcy fraud, refrigerators, Shi'ite, Shlumpy, Stanley Cup, terrorism, Toledo, vehicles, wire fraud