June 16, 2010, - 6:20 pm
**** bumped up from 4:18 ET ****
Last week, a Muslim activist from the charity, Islamic Relief, sent out this e-mail, below, bragging about an Obama White House visit by Muslim activists and concessions to the Muslim world that Obama promised them. A number of these things–most of them–are things President Bush actually was the first to do, and, thus, he opened the floodgates. Plus he was the one who made the boneheaded decision to establish a White House office for “faith-based partnerships” referenced below. I warned (nine years ago!) this was going to be used to steer your tax money to promote Islam and Islamic hate, and I was right. Also important to note here, though, is that Islamic Relief (IR) is a HAMAS charity, which I’ve written much about and even went undercover to its fundraising events. IR was booted from Israel, when its top official there had Hitler and Bin Laden screen savers on his computer and was a HAMAS activist.
It was founded by a member of the El-Banna family which founded the Muslim Brotherhood, from which HAMAS and Al-Qaeda also emanated. When I went undercover to two of IR’s Detroit-area fundraisers, I was horrified when, at one of them, the Milwaukee boy’s dance troupe, Sanabel Al-Quds, simulated beheadings, with kids using guns, rifles, and machetes to pretend to kill kids wearing the American, Israeli, and British flags. As I’ve also noted on this site that the same dance troupe performed at a Chicago dinner for the Arab American Action Network where Barack Obama was in attendance, several years before he ran for President. But it should also be noted that the Mormon Church has given Islamic Relief over $2o million. And when a McCain campaign worker asked Mitt Romney to denounce this, he refused to answer, called the man a “religious bigot,” and got McCain to fire him. Remember that, when Mitt Romney tells you he understands ab0ut jihad.
From: Azhar Azeez mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 11:56 PM
Subject: My visit to the White house
Assalamu Alai Kum,
Dear brothers and sisters,
I want to share with you on my recent visit to White house this past Tuesday. I had the good fortune to be with a delegation of 30 prominent National Muslim leaders representing various Islamic organizations across North America. Earlier in the day we had a luncheon at Ronald Reagan building in honor of Rashad Hussain’s appointment as US special envoy to the organization of the Islamic conference and to discuss the anniversary of the President’s historic Cairo Speech. Rashad Hussain was joined by the Associate director of White House office of public engagement Mr. Paul Monteiro. Later on in the day we went to the white house for briefings from various agencies organized by the white house staff and met individuals such as Ben Rose who assists President’s in his speeches and communications. Mazen Basrawi from department of justice civil rights division, Dennis Macdeon Presidents advisor on National security and Rev Joshua Dubois White House office of Faith based and neighborhood partnerships.
Rashad and Paul gave us all an update on the accomplishments and challenges of the President since he took office. Specially related to his engagement with Muslims domestically and internationally. He highlighted the President’s initiatives in his dealing with the Muslims such as
· Sending his top aide Valerie Jarret to ISNA annual convention last year,
· National security advisor John Brannon repeatedly saying the word Jihad should not be associated with terrorism as Jihad is a noble word and he was slammed by certain media outlets and blogs for saying this repeatedly,
· Less and less usage of words in associating Islam with terrorism, extremism, fundamentalism by this administration compared to all previous administrations,
· President’s speech at the Ft Hood funeral where he said the person who committed this crime will be punished in this life and the hereafter. Many groups wanted the President and this administration to disengage with Muslims after this tragedy,
· President’s historic speech at Cairo where he spoke to Muslims across the globe quoting several verses from Quran and Hadiths and made certain promises which is very much at the top of President’s agenda
· The President’s deadline to withdraw from Iraq which has been met so far and by the end of 2011 there will be a total and complete withdrawal,
· Special funding to eradicate polio from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria and India which has large Muslim populations,
· Special assistance during Hajj to address H1N1 epidemic and bring awareness,
· President’s executive order to ban torture and shutting down of Guantanamo,
· First country to officially visit Turkey,
· First interview of the President given to Al Arabiya,
· Hosting Dr. Mattson for the President’s inaugural session and National prayer service
· Hosting Dr. Mattson and ISNA leadership several times in White house including Iftaar
· His willingness to do more for the people of Palestine, Meeting with Abbas this week and address many other issues.
· The staff did mentioned that usually the Presidents leave the hot button issues for their second terms but this President has been engaging with these issues from day one.
The Muslim leadership discussed and asked questions on several key issues relating to our Zakat giving, profiling of Muslims specially our Imams and leaders at the airports specially when they return from overseas, Rise in radicalization in general not limited only to Muslims, Rise of Islamophobia, Weak response of the administration to the recent events of Floatilla , Playing the role of a honest broker in Middle east conflict, Removing the blockade in Gaza and other general issues of importance.
Dr. Mattson President of ISNA who chaired the delegation thanked the key white house staff for this meeting and applauded the efforts of the President. She also very forcefully said that the Muslims of North America expects more from this administration on the recent attacks on floatilla and also appealed to immediately address the issue of lifting the blockade as more than 50% of the Palestinian children are anemic and are facing malnutrition. She also expressed deep concern on the shooting of American citizen on Floatilla who was shot dead and was shot four times on his face and chest. Dr. Mattson requested similar meetings with the administration on a regular basis. I can provide more details if anyone is interested to know more on this day long meetings.
Jazak Allah Khair
Tags: Azhar Azeez, faith-based funding, Islam, Islamic Relief, Islamic Relief USA, Muslim, Muslim activists, Obama White House, Rashad Hussain