November 22, 2010, - 7:06 pm
Nearly every year, I write about the FBI’s annual hate crimes statistics. And every year, the biggest victims by far–in terms of religious discrimination–are Jews, NOT Muslims (see my reports on the 2008 and 2007 stats). That’s despite the Muslim victimhood and oppression merchants’ annoying whines about “backlash.” If anything, there is forelash–we bend over, they insert. And in the same forelash vein, also this year–like every other year–the FBI declines to identify the perpetrators of the hate crimes by religion. If that happened, as I’ve noted before, we’d probably see that a good deal of the perpetrators of anti-Jewish hate crimes are Muslims. Below are the just-released FBI 2009 Hate Crimes Statistics. As you’ll note, the only thing that has changed is that the percentage of hate crimes against Jewish hate crimes has increased from 67% to 72% of all religion-based hate-crimes.
That Was Then . . .
This Is Now . . .
Of the 1,575 victims of an anti-religious hate crime:
* 71.9 percent were victims because of an offender’s anti-Jewish bias.
* 8.4 percent were victims because of an anti-Islamic bias.
* 3.7 percent were victims because of an anti-Catholic bias.
* 2.7 percent were victims because of an anti-Protestant bias.
* 0.7 percent were victims because of an anti-Atheist/Agnostic bias.
* 8.3 percent were victims because of a bias against other religions (anti-other religion).
* 4.3 percent were victims because of a bias against groups of individuals of varying religions (anti-multiple religions, group). (Based on Table 1.)
Tags: 2009, 2009 FBI Hate Crimes Statistics, anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, backlash, FBI 2009 Hate Crimes Statistics, FBI hate crimes statistics, forelash, Jewish, Muslim, religious