November 16, 2011, - 3:04 pm
As well all know (or should know) by now, the U.S. Army consistently looked the other way on Islamic terrorist/U.S. Army doctor Nidal Malik Hasan’s extremism and embrace of jihad. And in addition to the 13 American lives he took at Fort Hood, you, the American taxpayer are now on the hook for up to $750 million. The families of the victims of Hasan’s terrorist attack filed claims with the federal government seeking that much. And they will probably get a good sum in the settlement. As they should, given that the Army and the Pentagon sacrificed their family members to allah.
Victims and families of those killed in the Fort Hood massacre are asking compensation totaling $750 million from the government for failing to stop the attack.
Eighty-three administrative claims were filed last week, saying the Army, the FBI, and the Justice and Defense departments are guilty of gross and willful negligence for not recognizing that the man charged in the shootings, Maj. Nidal Hasan, was a threat.
“Although they had clear knowledge and warnings that Hasan posed a grave danger to the lives and safety of soldiers and civilians with whom he came into contact, they did nothing to eliminate the known risk posed by him,” the “basis of claim” document alleges.
“On the contrary, bowing to ‘political correctness,’ the DOD, DOA (Department of the Army), DOJ, and FBI, in wanton disregard of the safety of military and civilian personnel, intentionally ignored the threat he presented,” says the document, which was attached to each of the 83 claims.
Hasan is charged with killing 13 people and wounding dozens more in the killing spree at a medical building at Fort Hood, Texas, on November 5, 2009, where soldiers were screened before deployment to Iraq and Afghanistan. . . .
The lawyer handling the compensation claim, Neal Sher, said the next step depends on the government.
“The Army is taking the lead,” Sher told CNN. “They have six months either to deny the claim or satisfactorily resolve it.” After that, the case could move into federal court.
Since immediately following the attacks there have been widespread questions about how Hasan was evaluated, promoted and transferred to Fort Hood with plans to deploy to Afghanistan despite questions about his ideology and stability.
A congressional report labeled him “a smoking gun,” and ripped into the government for not sounding an alarm.
“Although neither the Department of Defense nor the FBI had specific information concerning the time, place, or nature of the attack, they collectively had sufficient information to have detected Hasan’s radicalization to violent Islamist extremism but failed both to understand and to act on it,” said the report. . . .
“It is a tragic irony that our government sought out and killed al-Awlaki, while Hasan was promoted in the Army and put in a position to carry out his murderous terror attack,” attorney Sher had said in an earlier statement. “It is a sad commentary on our avowed war on terror that the government deliberately refused to take even minimal steps to neutralize the clear threat posed by Hasan, who made no secret of, and actually boasted about, his anti-American and jihadist views.”
The sad thing is that the claims/lawsuits and the 13 lives taken(and countless others maimed forever by Hasan)won’t deter the U.S. Army and our Pentagon from its business as usual–bottomless pandering to Muslims in the U.S. Armed Forces, no matter how extreme those Muslims are. It’s not a question of whether there will be more Fort Hood-style massacres of Ameircans by American Muslims. It’s a matter of when. And our halal ass-kissing authorities and politicians are to blame.
Tags: administrative claims, Anwar Al Awlaki, Army, claims, Department of Defense, Department of Justice, DoD, DOJ, FBI, Fort Hood, Fort Hood Massacre, Islam, Islamic Terrorism, Jihad, lawsuit, lawsuits, Muslim, Neal Sher, Nidal Malik Hasan, PC, political correctness, U.S. Army, victims' families