April 14, 2009, - 7:29 pm
Whole Foods “Responds” to Schlussel Story on Funding Palestinian Terrorist U, Stands by Terror U Scholarship Products
By Debbie Schlussel
Last week, I broke the story about how Whole Foods is funding not only extremist Palestinians–but An-Najah University a/k/a Terrorist U–by selling its Canaan Fair Trade olive oil and Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps, which use the Canaan Fair Trade olive oil.
Several of my readers complained to Whole Foods. Below is what one of them got in response. Whole Foods isn’t budging, stands by its support of terrorist university financing Canaan Fair Trade, and won’t even address the issue of An-Najah University, where the student council is HAMAS-controlled and the school re-enacted the Jerusalem Sbarro Pizza homicide bombing to the cheers and smiles of students.
Terrorist U: These Companies & Products Fund . . .
. . . Terrorist Re-Enactments Like These @ An-Najah University
Clearly, Whole Foods will not change and dump these terror-financing products, unless you tell Whole Foods you will no longer shop there . . . and stand by your word. I used to shop there, but because of this I won’t any longer, and I plan to let them know. You should, too. And notice that Whole Foods won’t explain why they don’t sell Israeli olive oil, which this is designed to undercut. You know, the Israelis who don’t use their olive oil to fund scholarships to Terrorist U.
From: Jessie Walker (CE CEN) Jessie.Walker@wholefoods.com
Subject: in response to your concerns.
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 3:08 PM
I have shared your concerns with our National purchasing team as I promised. Our National Grocery Team chose to launch items made by this coop, such as Alter Eco, Dr Bronners, and Canaan Fair Trade brand, because of the high ethical standards with which they are produced. Fair trade items are a win-win partnership and this particular line of oils is produced by a co-op of Palestinians in the West Bank who are committed to peaceful coexistence with Israel. [DS: NOT AT AN-NAJAH UNIVERSITY, WHERE CANAAN FAIR TRADE FUNDS SCHOLARSHIPS] Here are the main points to rebuke the article you mention. [DS: THIS IS NOT A REBUKE. IT'S REGURGITATION OF BS.]
1. Canaan is fully invested in fair trade and organic production as means to support livelihood and environmental sustainability. In Palestine in particular fair-trade has created much needed hope in the farmers communities and provided them with a medium for positive interaction and connection with Western societies in Europe and North America. [DS: SO? THIS "REBUKES" THAT CANAAN FAIR TRADE FUNDS SCHOLARSHIPS TO TERRORIST UNIVERSITIES, HOW?]
2. Canaan Fair Trade olive oil is certified fair trade by two of the most reputable fair-trade certification bodies IMO and FLO, independent third parties, in Switzerland and Germany. Certification involves yearly inspections and audits including the money trail. These two certifiers verify that the payments reach the farmers cooperatives and the individual farmers, and the social premiums support valuable community projects. [DS: I REPEAT, SO? THIS "REBUKES" THAT CANAAN FAIR TRADE FUNDS SCHOLARSHIPS TO TERRORIST UNIVERSITIES, HOW?]
3. Every product leaving Palestine, including Canaan Fair Trade products, is exported through Israeli ports and cleared by Israeli customs authorities. Getting the product out to markets abroad requires cooperation between Palestinian and Israeli businesses. [DS: SO WHAT? THEY DON'T EXPORT THE SCHOLARSHIPS TO TERRORISM UNIVERSITY A/K/A AN-NAJAH THROUGH ISRAEL, DO THEY? WE DIDN'T SAY THERE WERE BOMBS INSIDE THE CANAAN PRODUCTS, JUST THAT THE PRODUCTS FUND THE BREEDING OF TERRORISTS AT COLLEGES. WHICH ISRAELI BUSINESSES? PLEASE NAME THEM. OF COURSE, THERE AREN'T ANY, AS CANAAN FREE TRADE DOESN'T WORK WITH THE ISRAELIS. THIS IS SIMPLY A LIE.]
4. The US Department of State is encouraging the local Palestinian economy as a catalyst for peace in the region. A State Department delegation visited Canaan headquarters in Jenin, West bank, March 2009. Sean Fitzgerald, delegation head, said “We were really impressed with (Canaan’s) establishment, but more so with the fair trade principles (they) promote and the community service (they) give.” He asked if Canaan Fair Trade would serve as a model for other Palestinian companies to reach the US market. [DS: AH, SO THE STATE DEPARTMENT IS HELPING IN THIS EFFORT TO FUND SCHOLARSHIPS TO TERRORIST UNIVERSITIES. THAT MAKES IT SO MUCH BETTER TO KNOW THAT OUR TAX DOLLARS BACK IT UP (WHICH I ALREADY KNEW AND NOTED IN MY ORIGINAL ARTICLE--TELL ME SOMETHING I DIDN'T KNOW).]
5. Many US [DS: FAR-LEFT] Christian and [DS: SELF-HATING, FAR LEFT] Jewish groups work with Canaan and support Canaan’s producer communities. These include Catholic Relief Services, the Methodist Church, the Presbyterian Church, the United Church of Christ, the Quakers, and Jewish Voice for Peace [DS: ALL OPEN SUPPORTERS OF HAMAS, HEZBOLLAH, AND DIVESTMENT FROM ISRAEL], to name a few.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. [DS: WHY BOTHER, SINCE HE DIDN'T ADDRESS OR ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS I RAISED? HERE'S A FURTHER QUESTION: HOW MUCH OF A LOSS IN SALES FROM AMERICANS AGAINST TERRORISM CAN WHOLE FOODS SUSTAIN BEFORE FAILING?]
Jessie Walker|Customer Information Specialist
Whole Foods Market|Global Head Quarters
Phone 512-542-0670|Fax 512-482-7670
When I first wrote about this, last week, many of my readers suggested Trader Joe, which I wholeheartedly endorse. You won’t find Canaan Fair Trade Terrorism University products there. But you will find Israeli products and others produced by companies that don’t support and fund terrorism.
Go to Organic Tofu Hell, Whole Foods.