February 18, 2016, - 6:51 pm
This is something new – links to articles I think are of interest, but don’t want (or have the time) to write about extensively. I’m not going to do this every day or even on a regular basis. Just when I feel like it. So, here goes: News You Probably Didn’t Know (I gotta come up with a better name). But you’ll definitely find it of interest. . . .
* Low on Cash, Islamic State Cuts Out Snickers Bars: As I always say, they hate us, but love our stuff. And, now, ISIS terrorists are undergoing Snickers withdrawal.
* “Eagles of Death Metal” Lead Singer Says He Opposes Gun Control: Common Sense rocker from band at Paris Bataclan Islamic terrorist attack says everyone should have a gun, that, “I saw people die that maybe could have lived” had they been armed.
* Polish Anti-Communist Activist Lech Walesa Was Paid Informant for Communist Secret Police: Former Polish President, Solidarity leader, and Nobel Prize winner said he never informed or took money. Guess what? He lied. And he was a Jew-hater and Jew-baiter, too. Schmuck.
* “Hermaphrodite/Duel-Sex Dog Adopted By Lawyer Who Won Supreme Court Case Legalizing Gay Marriage“: Insert punch line here. (For the record, while I oppose gay marriage, I’m not anti-gay. I don’t oppose civil unions and believe what you do is your biz, so long as it doesn’t harm me, my rights, or my property.)
* JebBush.com Website Redirects to Donald Trump Prez Campaign Site: Hmmmm, he can’t even secure his own domain name, despite knowing for years he was running. What does that say about what kind of President he’ll be? Thankfully, we’ll never find out.
* Senate Republicans Already Backing Down & Might Hold Hearings for Obama SCOTUS Nom: This was soooooo predictable. As soon as I heard Mitch McConman publicly state that the Scalia replacement should be made by the next Prez (Hillary Or Bernie, sadly), I know McConman and the Senate would back down. Senate (and House) GOP wimps always back down. It’s what they do. Ain’t no spine anywhere in the vicinity. Not even close. This time it’s Senate Grandstander Extraordinaire Chuck Grassley (he usually says good stuff to the cameras, but never actually does anything but hold hearings), who is greasing the skids for Obama’s nominee.
If you have headlines you think I should put up in a future headlines post, please send ’em by e-mailing me.